May 25, 2011

Showering Kinsey Grace!!!

Sunday afternoon, a couple of my college friends and I hosted an Ice Cream Sundae baby shower for our sweet friend Katy! She is due with Kinsey Lane on July 16th and the only thing she has craved throughout her pregnancy is ice cream! We immedietely thought that would be a fun and rather simple shower to host!

We had neopoloitan ice cream, cones, syrups and tons and tons of sprinkles and toppings!

I was so excited when I figured out that ice cream cones fit in my cupcake holder! Who knew?! Also, I didn't like the labels that were on the syrups so, I created new labels very quickly!
Such sweet friends from college!
Revealing the results to "The Price Is Right" game! We had several baby gifts (such as, diaper bag, diapers, teething rings, pacifiers, an outfit, bibs, spoons, a hat and a couple other fun items!) set up on my wine rack and everyone had a chance to guess the prices. Whoever got the most correct, won a Braum's Gift Certificate! After the game, Katy got to take all the items home as Kinsey's gift! The game was fun and made us all realize that baby stuff is not cheap!
The entry table had a framed invitation, sweet baby girl cross, and envelopes for each guess to fill out to make it easy on Katy to write the thank you notes!
We made this cute little name banner just in case someone forgot Kinsey's sweet name... ha!
Katy and Kristin while Katy opened presents! (You can see the price is right game in the background!!!)

We had so much fun showering Katy and Kinsey! I can't wait for this sweet baby girl to arrive and for Jeff and I to babysit!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute shower! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Adorable idea and execution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan, I love reading your blog!! You come up with the cutest ideas! I recently got creeped out having my blog open to the public, so I've made it invite only. Send me your email address and I'll add you to the list :). perkins.jodie@gmail.com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete