May 9, 2011

The Birthday Boy!!!

Last week was Jeff's 29th Birthday! I say week because, anyone close to me gets at least a week long birthday celebration, it's in my rule book for life!

We started the week off celebrating at the Thunder-Grizzlies play-off game! Thank goodness we got tickets to last Tuesday's, the one win at home! It was a great game, so fun and Jeff was thoroughly surprised when I came home Monday night, handed him a new Thunder t-shirt and then said, guess what!? You get to wear it tomorrow night... woohoo!

Thursday night, I told Jeff to go hangout with friends so I could make him a surprise. He came home from hanging out and I was elbow deep in the kitchen making homemade carrot cake and chocolate cake whoopie pies! They were so delicious but, I'm not sure I'll ever make both again... at least not at the same time!
 
The Whoopie Pies, waiting to go to Jeff's Birthday Party!!!

Friday, was Jeff's actual birth day so, we both took the day off, and spent the day relaxing! We started off with a breakfast date and then went straight to his Dad's house and spent the day by the pool. (Clearly my goal of getting some color was accomplished. Why do I never believe I'm going to turn into a lobster each summer!)

Friday night, we spent at Blackbird, a new Gastropub on Campus Corner. It was a great night filled with great friends! Jeff and I above with Jeremy and Nicole (Brother and SIL!)

Three of Jeff's best friends, Josh, Billy and Cullin

Kristin and Trent, such a beautiful couple, inside and out! We love them!

Rachel, my best friend since we were four and her hubs Joel! Who would of thought us Texas girls would marry Okies and live in Norman together, 22 years later!

Tomorrow night, we will cap off Jeff's Week-O-Birthday fun with his family celebration at Uppercrust Pizza in OKC!

Happy 29th Birthday to my best friend! Hope this is your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment