I am somewhat proud of myself, and training is actually going well!!!
Since the weather has been so crummy lately, we have had to do our training on the track at the Y... 11 laps = a mile... CAN YOU SAY BOOORING!? Last week for our 4 mile long run, we ran our first lap, I looked at Jeff and said, only 43 more laps to go...! (As you can tell, I'm still very positive with the whole running game... haha) All week, I kept thinking about having to run 55 laps around that dang track... and I was not excited. Well, thank goodness for Saturday! The weather was gorgeous so we decided to move our long run from Sunday to Saturday so we could run outside! We mapped out a 5 mile route with mapmyfitness.com and we got to do our first long run outside! I complained and complained but once we finished, I ran in to call my parents and tell them what I had done... haha! My Dad was so proud and of course Barb was too but, her first response was, "You're wearing me out, girl!" Got to love Barb, the naturally thin, beautiful Mother of mine! (Seriously wonder why she didn't push along some of those naturally thin genes my way... haha!)
Before training for this marathon, I had never ran more than 2 miles and I still can't believe I was able to run 5 miles!!! We are really having to pick up the training because we started late but, I am starting to have a bit of confidence in myself and am really thankful that he is so supportive and is pushing me in the right direction! I couldn't do this (nor would I) if I didn't have such a wonderful man leading me!!!
February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Coming from an avid runner-hater, I have the upmost confidence in you! Right now I am just jealous of you, but I hope after to continue to read your blog, I will be motivated. (That's my plan anyway... haha!) I am so proud of you! Running is not easy and it seems like we have the same hate towards it (or at least we did before you went pro on me.) I wish you all the best of luck. If I ever run more than 1 mile (that's about all i can do) then I will let you know. GO GIRL!!!
ReplyDelete