Just about to leave the house to head to Red Rock!!!
Jeff and I had big plans of driving thru Nichols Hills after dinner to check out all the lights but we had were having so much fun at dinner that we lost track of time. We rushed to Bricktown to park and then headed in to the concert! I don't think I've ever walked so fast in 3.5" heels! We made it to our wonderful seats just in time to sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
Although we did have great seats, there was one definite downfall. We had one of the Ford Center employees sitting right next to us. He was the sweetest old man but, if he saw your flash go off, Mr. Nice Guy was not happy! Therefore, my pictures from the actual concert aren't that great!
I had no idea what to expect from this concert. I thought, Christmas music, lights and more Christmas music! There was plenty of both but they also played some of their new stuff. There were points in the night where I was very much in the Christmas spirit and other points where I felt like I was in the wrong venue and had happened upon some sort of satanic ritual. There were parts (the traditional Christmas hymns) that I loved and there were parts that I could have definitely done without (the hard rock). In the band, there are two key violin players that are amazing! I was in awe watching them run around the stage and dance while playing their violins. I can't imagine how many calories the whole orchestra burns during one show. It's insane, they are NEVER still!
Thanks for a wonderful date night Jeff!!!

We went and saw them a few years ago. I absolutely loved it. I love their Christmas songs so much!
ReplyDelete