Last year at this time, I had just moved in with a boy, we had been married a little over a month, we celebrated our first married holiday together (Thanksgiving), I had been hired by Crowe & Dunlevy, had just given my two-weeks notice at Candid and we were gearing up to celebrate and host Christmas for the first time together in our house. Needless to say, last year was so crazy that we barely had time to sit back and enjoy this wonderful time much less take a single picture of our first Christmas together!
This year, we have taken full advantage of Christmas time and we're making up for no pictures last year! Our tree and decorations have been up since we got back from Texas for Thanksgiving. We've done all our shopping early, wrapped (almost) everything, sent our cards out before Christmas, (unlike last year) and have just really been able to take in all the joy of the season!
Love our giant Christmas tree!!! I wish we could keep it up all year long! The warmth of the room just makes me happy!
The only thing that would make this picture better would be a warm fire going!
Even Charlie is ready for Christmas!!! He's Santa's little helper and to our surprise, he hasn't messed with any of the ornaments or bows on the packages!

This past Friday, I had some girls over to decorate cookies, watch Christmas movies and just hangout! We made monkey bread and biscotti, grabbed dinner, hung out, chatted and watched Love Actually. By the time the movie ended, we were all so tired that our cookie decorating party became just a fun girls night of hanging out! Since we didn't make the cookies Friday night, Jeff and I took it upon ourselves to bake and decorate the cookies on Saturday! I didn't think he would actually want to do it but, he was such a good sport! Such a fun time with my hubby!
We are looking forward to a Christmas filled with lots of family and friends and, we can't wait to host my family at our house again this year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment