December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving in Texas!!!!

Thanksgiving is HUGE in my family! It's the one time of year that all(most everyone) on my Dad's side of the family comes together! Thanksgiving is so big that by November 1st, my Mom and Dad are answering the phone "Gobble Gobble"! Everyone in the family is saying it by the middle of November and we are all sending emails out preparing for the big weekend!

I was searching for Charlie a "Gobble Gobble" Shirt when I came across the amazing find for Jeff and Me on cafepress.com! We kept them secret and once everyone was at the house, we went and changed into our special find! Now, if you know any of the women on my Dad's side of the family, you know they are all about the holidays and decking out head to toe in festive outfits! We fit right in and, I'm thinking these shirts will be our traditional attire!

My cousin Courtney has two sweet little girls, Hayley and Lindsay and my cousin Tiffaney has a sweet girl, Ashlyn, and a boy Drayton. It's so fun having the kids around the house! Drayton fits right in with the guys and Haley and Ashlyn pick up like they're best friends! Lindsay, bless her heart, tries to keep up but she isn't quite the "big girl" yet! She was so excited to see Jeff and "who is he with again?"... haha! She was attached to him at the hip and soon became attached to me. We felt like we had a little girl! For the weekend, it was wonderful! (Hopefully this foreshadows our VERY distant future!!!) It's so fun to watch Jeff with little kids, he is going to make an amazing Dad someday!

Me with the precious girls!!!

I think Jeff and Lindsay spent a good portion of the weekend reading on the couch! He was such a trooper!
Everyone calls Lindsay by my name and if you take a good look around my parent's house, you would know why! She looks very similar to what I looked liked at her age!!!

Jeff's brother and his wife, Nicole, live in Austin. They had just spent a week in Norman visiting family and scoping out the area for their new church, they decided not to travel back for Thanksgiving! So, instead of them spending it in Austin, or Norman, they came to Thanksgiving with our family!! It was wonderful having them there! We can't wait for them to be in Oklahoma so we can see each other more often!!!
The boys were not too happy taking this picture but Nicole and I both thought it was cute!!!
Each night, we all played a game called left, center, right or LCR. It's one of the easiest games you will ever plan and tons of fun! Our family came with our rolls of quarters ready and for the 2nd year in a row, Jeff and I were the big winners!!! Wish I had pictures but we were just a bit too competitive to mess with the camera!!!
Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!!! (Even though it's almost Christmas!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment