October 19, 2011

Race for the Cure!

One of my sweet sorority sisters lost her Mom to breast cancer in early October. (One week before the Race for the Cure)

Some of us had planned on walking in the race in honor of her Mom and we were so sad to hear that it would be in memory.

Sarah is an amazing woman and truly loved her Mom. We spent the walk, listening to her talk about her Mom's battle and how she was with her from the very beginning. I was amazed at her strength and can only hope to be like Sarah if I am ever in her situation. Such a blessing she is to everyone around her and, I know she is going to do so many great things in memory of her Mom!

Here's the group, about to start!!!  
Look at that crowd! Clearly, there was no running for us, we were barely walking at some points!

It was a beautiful morning to honor the women we know that have fought the fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment